Generative Art Book Project
JMY's next project builds upon his previous releases and the algorithm Gravity. We're working on a kind of odd type of release. Idea so far:
- Release 1500 unique books
- Distribitue the books all over the world
- The holder of the book (which is free) can claim the cover artwork (as an NFT)
What has evolved since last release? So far there are a few new concepts:
- A new ratio. All previous releases has been in a square format 1:1. This time a portrait / landscape (and maybe also square) format might be used.
- A new drawing technique. Instead of putting down the pen on randomly new positions on the canvas, another techique is explored, to place the pen along a line over the canvas and let it start drawing from each point on the line. Then adding more lines to draw from. This adds a little bit of a brush effect and reveals the gravity field by only draw a few lines. It also adds more of an analog and sketchy feeling to the artwork.
- A new palette system. Enabling the possiblity to create a palette by tween the values hue, saturation and brightness over a timeline. Each node in the gravity field is connected to a point on the timeline.
- A second gravity field disturbing the main gravity field.
If you want to learn more about the algorithm you can read the following articles:
Changing the direction slightly.
A new palette system